x1Kenny Giles   
 x2Danny McAlistair (u20)   
 x3Ryan Milne (u20) Yellow Card 
 x4Jeff Fergus   
 x5Mark Anthony Byrne (u20)   
 x6Ian McIntyre   
 x7Jordan PirrieScorerYellow Card 
 x8Michael McGaraghan (u20)   
 x9Fraser Sheridan   
 x10Cammy McKay (u20)ScorerYellow Card 
Off70x11Alex Tilley   
  12Robbie Sneddon (u20)   
  14Blair Bateman (u20)   
On70 15Conor McAteer (u20)   
  16Adam Beirne (u20)   

20/09/2015  |  Scottish Cup

Stirling Albion   1  v  2  Cumbernauld Colts

After their excellent first round victory against Edinburgh City, the young Colts travelled to face an inform Stirling Albion who were on a run that had seen them defeat St Mirren, Forfar and East Stirling and draw with Raith Rovers in their four games leading into this cup tie.

Injuries to Bateman and O'Hagan meant that the pack had to be shuffled with Iain McIntyre and Alex Tilly filling the gaps in the starting line up.

The game started briskly with both sides probing at one another. The young Colts were matching their more experienced opponents and gradually starting to create a few chances. However, with about 20 minutes gone, Stirling Albion won a corner. This resulted in some slack marking from the Colts and the Stirling Albion centre half attacked the ball well and powerfully headed Albion into the lead. Arguably harsh on the youngsters and against the run of play but another example of how you can be punished at this level for the slightest mistake.

Colts didn't let this set back effect them and shortly afterwards good work from Sheridan in the middle of the pitch released McIntyre down the right and his excellent centre was met by the incoming Pirrie who bundled in the equaliser and no more than the Colts deserved at this stage of the game.

Both teams continued to play the game at a high tempo and both created further chances with sterling goalkeeping on both sides keeping the score level.

Half time 1-1

The second half started as the first finished, with both teams attacking each other. The Colts continued to battle well and match their opponents at each time of asking. As the second half progressed both teams had chances as the teams began to tire. As the spectators were beginning to contemplate extra time, the Colts put together what proved to be the match winning move. Good play between Pirrie and McIntyre saw them probe right into the Albion back line and when the ball was squared to McKay, the little striker didn't need to be asked twice as he clinically despatched the winner from 15 yards.

The previous week when the youngsters managed to throw away a two goal lead in the last 7 minutes against Spartans, but that painful experience was obviously a learning point, and they managed to see out the last few minutes of the match in a much more controlled fashion by keeping the ball in the right areas of the pitch.

Full time 1-2

A great result for the boys and the club. The delight in the reaction on hearing the full time whistle will give the youngsters great belief and their achievement should not be under estimated. The fact that they can go and compete with Senior clubs with longstanding youth systems at this level shows the team and our club is moving in the right direction.