x1Kenny Giles   
 x2Blair Bateman (u20) Yellow Card 
 x3Ryan Milne (u20)   
 x4Danny McAlistair (u20)   
 x5Ciaran Struthers (u20)   
 x6Dylan O’Hagan (u20) Yellow Card 
 x7Jordan PirrieScorer  
 x8Fraser Sheridan   
 x9Jeff Fergus   
Off72x10Cammy McKay (u20)   
Off80x11Conor McAteer (u20)   
On80 12Robbie Sneddon (u20)   
On72 14Adam Beirne (u20)   

09/10/2015  |  League

Cumbernauld Colts   1  v  2  East Kilbride

SLFL U20 Development League
Cumbernauld Colts 1 v 2 East Kilbride
Friday 9th October 2015 KO 7.45pm
Broadwood Stadium

The young Colts welcomed an experienced East Kilbride side to Broadwood on Friday night. Like the Colts, East Kilbride had qualified from their League Cup group to take a place in the other semi final which was just rewards for their strong early season form.

Both teams started the game quickly but the Cumbernauld youngsters were stunned when some poor defensive covering allowed the speedy EK forward to snatch an opener after just two minutes. The Colts battled hard to get back into the game and created some good openings which they failed to capitalise on. EK were showing their experience and this caused some frustration in the Colts ranks who appeared to lose their shape to a degree and began playing more as individuals. This lack of organisation had the almost predictable effect and with about 35 minutes gone, EK scored a second goal.

Despite the scrappy performance, the Colts still managed to produce a couple of half chances before the break, but their efforts found the EK goalkeeper Kean in good form.

Half time 0-2

Some honest and harsh words were required in the Colts dressing room at half time and this looked to have the desired effect as the youngsters came out with much more cohesive approach and immediately started attacking their opponents. The longer the game went, the more the Colts enjoyed possession of the ball and pressed EK backwards. The youngsters created a number of chances, but Kean in the EK goal was in outstanding form, none more so than when he dived backwards to superbly touch a Sheridan lob round the post. The Colts were now pushing EK back and the game was being played in the opposition half and EK trying to counter attack. However the EK defence valiantly withstood the Colts until the 85 minute when Pirrie unleashed a thunderbolt from 22 yards that crashed into the net off the underside of the crossbar. This set up a grandstand finish and EK were hanging on as the youngsters gave everything in a final effort to grab an equaliser which unfortunately did not come.

Full Time 1 - 2

Another competitive and exciting game. The Colts youngsters will be regretting their sloppy and lazy first half performance. Their more experienced opponents unsettled the youngsters, causing them to lose control of the game and their shape. A much improved second half saw them almost salvage a result but EK battled hard to keep the points.