GK1Ciaran Brady   
 RB2Mark BatchelorScorer  
 LB3Lee Foggin   
 CB4Richard Kirwan   
 CB5John Tennent   
Off45CM6Jordan Pirrie   
Off60RWB7Owen RonaldScorer  
 CM8Jonathan BlackScorer  
Off70CF9Andy Selkirk   
 CM10Jamie Broadfoot   
 LWB11Andy Hunter   
On45 12Craig Murray Yellow Card 
  13Liam Running   
On60 14Stephen O'Neill   
  15Jamie Barclay   
On70 16Sean Brown   
  17Conor McKenzie   

Match Pictures

Match Photo

Match Pictures

Match Photo

15/10/2016  |  South of Scotland

Hawick Royal Albert   1  v  3  Cumbernauld Colts

This week�s second round tie in the South of Scotland Challenge Cup was to be the first meeting between the two sides as Colts made the long journey south.

It was to be an exciting match as both teams battled hard in the opening period of the game and there were chances at either end for both teams to take the lead but a combination of good goalkeeping and heroic defending meant that the scores remained level.

The first goal of the game came just before the half hour mark. An in swinging corner from Colts left back Lee Foggin was miss-kicked and as the ball trickled towards the Hawick goal, Owen Ronald got the slightest of touches on the ball to put Colts 1-0 ahead.

Half Time 0-1

As the second half beckoned Colts made the first change of the game with Craig Murray replacing Jordan Pirrie who was carrying a knock from the first half.

It was the home side who started the second half the brightest and if not for Colts keeper Ciaran Brady making a good save to his top right corner, they could have levelled the score line.

The visitors were 2-0 up midway through the second half. Following a series of corners, Jamie Broadfoot whipped the ball into the box and it was right back Mark Batchelor who rose the tallest in the box to nod the ball in to extend Colts� lead.

The goal however did not phase the home side who continued to fight in order to get themselves back in the game but Brady in the Colts goal was proving difficult to beat. They eventually found their goal with 15 minutes left on the clock as the ball broke to the Hawick striker in the box he was able to blast the ball home to get his side back in the game.

As the game was drawing to a close the home supporters were getting behind their team in search for an equaliser but they were to be denied as a defensive mix up at the back allowed Colts� Johnny Black to capitalise and put Colts 3-1 ahead which was enough to see Cumbernauld Colts through to the next round.

Full Time 1-3