GK1Chris Fahey   
 RB2Andy Hunter   
 LB3Daniel McFarlane   
 CB4Jordan Marshall   
 CB5Andy Ward (c)   
 CM6Craig Murray   
 RM7Stephen O'NeillScorer  
 CM8Jamie Barclay   
 LM9Sean BrownScorer  
 CF10Jamie Broadfoot   
 CF11Jonathan Black   
  12Fraser Sheridan   
  14Mark Anthony Byrne (u20)   
  15Blair Bateman (u20)   
  16Jeff FergusScorer  
  17Ryan Milne (u20)   
  18Conor McKenzie   

18/03/2017  |  League

Hawick Royal Albert   4  v  3  Cumbernauld Colts

Following a run of dismal results, Hawick Royal Albert gave their best performance for some time in what turned out to be an entertaining clash and in doing so grabbed three points that helped ease their relegation concerns. For the Colts another disappointing result on the road for their injury hit squad with McKinlay and Orr having to rely on no less than seven U20's players.

The home side got off to a dream start by opening the scoring with just two minutes gone.
Mitchell emerging their marksman in beating Colts keeper Fahey with a header on meeting a well flighted Hunter cross.

Minutes later Hunter sprayed a pass to the feet of Morris who shook off two challenges before rattling in a shot that Fahey did well to block.

Colts came rallying back and were denied a goal by the woodwork when Brown headed a Black cross against the upright with the keeper beaten.

Fahey then prevented the home side from going further ahead in tipping a rasping McInally free kick over the bar.

Broadfoot squandered a chance to level the scores, a slick passing move involving O'Neil and McFarlane ended in Broadfoot having a well struck effort blocked by Spence.

Within minutes of this, recent Hawick signing McKenzie almost got his first goal for the club with a cross-come-shot that hit the bar.

In the 42nd minute the Colts equalised. After the home men had lost possession in midfield, Murray broke upfield and whipped a low cross over the face of the goalmouth which was stuck away by Black.
A minute into the second period Black dented the home defence by cutting in from the left to rattle in a shot that the Hawick keeper diverted away with an outstretched leg.

Hawick replied with a spell of pressure that brought about a goal in the 53rd minute when Morris found the top corner of the net with a thundering angled drive.

In the 66th minute the Colts drew level once again, substitute Fergus blasting home from close range from a cross from the right. The action continued to flow and Colts hit the woodwork for a second time when O'Neil drove a Brown cross against the bar.

Following some end to end play, the home side regained their lead in the 74th minute. Latching on to a McInally pass, Hunter produced a spot on finish in leaving Fahey helpless with a shot from a difficult angle.

Spurred on by this, the home side soon added to their lead, when Hunter notching his second goal in a matter of minutes in polishing off a move that he had started himself.

Time was running out but the game was far from over and in the 87th minute the Colts reduced the leeway through a well taken counter from O�Neil who chipped a shot over the head of Jack. Seconds from the finish Brown fluffed a golden opportunity to square matters up, in missing a sitter.

Full-Time 4-3