GK1Chris Fahey   
 RB2Andy Hunter   
 CB3Andy Ward (c)   
 CB4Jordan Marshall   
 LB5Daniel McFarlane   
 CM6Craig Murray   
 RM7Fraser SheridanScorer  
 CM8Jamie Broadfoot   
 LM9Jonathan Black   
 CF10Sean Brown   
 CF11Conor McKenzie   
  12Harry Purves   
  13Gavin Lachlan   
  14Mark Anthony Byrne (u20)   
  15Jeff Fergus   
  16Jordan Pirrie   
  17Jamie Barclay   
  18Ross Ballantyne (vc)   

29/03/2017  |  League

Cumbernauld Colts   2  v  1  Whitehill Welfare

Colts managed to secure three vital points in the race for a top 4 finish in the league this season, with the Cumbernauld side currently sitting in 6th place.

The match started off brightly with both teams creating chances early in the match, the best of which arguably fell to the feet of the visiting forwards with Fahey making two important saves before the Whitehill number 9 headed the ball wide of an open goal where it was easier to score.

The opening goal of the game came from good wide play from Colts where Fraser Sheridan done well to work himself space to deliver a dangerous cross from the right, the ball then hit off of the Whitehill defender and into the goal to give the home side the lead.

The score remained the same as the half progressed as Colts went in a goal to the good at the break.

Half Time 1-0

The teams emerged for the second half with Colts bringing on Jamie Barclay for Johnny Black to add a bit of steel to the midfield and not long after the restart Colts were awarded for a penalty for a foul on Sean Brown in the box, a decision that caused come upset among the travelling contingent as the defender appeared to win the ball fairly.

Nevertheless the penalty was given and as Brown himself stepped up to take it, the goalkeeper guessed correctly and managed to divert the ball from the goal with a strong left hand.

Following this the game became a battle of midfield with few chances being created at either end which prompted changes from both sides with Fergus and Pirrie entering the pitch to join fellow development squad graduates Sheridan and McKenzie in the thick of the action.

The game then sparked into life again with Colts' Murray seeing two attempts on goal drift wide and Barclay and Pirrie showing intent to get forward whenever possible.

With ten minutes left on the clock Colts added their second of the match as Fraser Sheridan showed his quality to cleverly lift the ball over the on-rushing goalkeeper after a short back pass.

The game wasn't done though as the visitors managed to get a goal back after a long ball forward wasn't dealt with by either of the Colts centre backs and landed to the feet of Daryl Healy who lobbed keeper Chris Fahey from the edge of the box to make the score line 2-1.

There wasn't enough time on the clock for a Whitehill comeback but Colts will be delighted to take all the three points on offer.

Full Time 2-1