GK1Kenny Giles   
 RB2Mark Anthony Byrne (u20)   
 LB3Jeff Fergus   
 CB4Danny McAlistair (u20)   
 CB5Blair Bateman (u20)   
 CM6Ryan Flannigan (u20)Scorerx2  
 CM7Alex Foy (U20)   
 CM8Fraser SheridanScorer  
Off60RW9Conor McAteer (u20)   
Off70LW10Conor McKenzieScorerx2  
 CF11Sean Brown   
On60 12Josh Devine (u20)   
On70 13Michael McGaraghan (u20)   

26/08/2016  |  League Cup

Lothian Thistle HV   2  v  5  Cumbernauld Colts

Colts first league game of the season was saw the young side travel away to Lothian Thistle who were another one of the leagues younger sides during the last campaign. Colts began the game well, keeping the ball from their opponent in the early stages and creating a couple of good chances that should have resulted in the visitors taking the lead.
The opening goal came through midfielder Ryan Flanagan, after a good passing move Colts created several openings for a shot that never came, and as everyone thought the chance had gone, the ball landed at Flanagan’s feet to tap in at the far post.
With Colts seemingly in control, it took a brief lapse in concentration for Lothian Thistle to be awarded a penalty. Colts’ Conors - McAteer and McKenzie – failed to track runners on either wing with put unnecessary pressure on their defenders which saw McAllister concede the penalty that made the score line 1-1.
Un-phased by this Colts continued to dominate possession and create chances and soon found themselves back in the lead when Flanagan superbly lobbed the goalkeeper to send Colts 2-1 up going into half-time.
After the restart, the home side were awarded a second penalty when the referee penalised Flanagan for hand ball inside his own box. The penalty was well saved by Colts’ goalkeeper however, he was too slow to get back to his feet and the Lothian forward scored the rebound to level the scores once again.
Showing that lessons have been learned from last season, Colts continued to move the ball well in search of a third goal which came through Fraser Sheridan. The ball fell to the midfielder 20 yards from goal and he superbly found the top corner of the net with a cultured left foot strike.
Colts in the ascendancy, passing the ball well and defending well together showed no signs of letting the lead slip away again and it was only a matter of time before the fourth goal came. The Thistle goalkeeper saved the initial shot but Colts winger McKenzie done well to follow the ball in, and with the final touch coming off of the defender Colts extended their lead to a two goal margin.
The game not finished, McKenzie on the ball again beat the defender to get one on one with the goalkeeper and slotted the ball into the back of the net to make the score 5-2 to Colts and secure the first three points of the season.