GK1Kenny Giles   
 RB2Mark Anthony Byrne (u20)   
 CB3Blair Bateman (u20)   
 CB4Danny McAlistair (u20)   
 LB5Jeff Fergus   
Off70CM6Dylan O’Hagan (u20)   
 CM7Ryan Flannigan (u20)   
 CM8Fraser Sheridan   
 RW9Conor McAteer (u20)   
 CF10Alex Foy (U20)   
 LW11Conor McKenzie   
  12Harry Purves   
  13Ryan Milne (u20)   
  14Michael McGaraghan (u20)   
  15Josh Devine (u20)   
On70 16Connor Murphy   

Match Pictures

Match Photo

Match Pictures

Match Photo

17/03/2017  |  League Cup

East Kilbride   1  v  0  Cumbernauld Colts

This season's league cup final saw a repeat of last year's fixture where Colts emerged 3-2 winners. Both sides entered the match with confidence which was evident in an even first half where the teams were evenly matched.

It was East Kilbride who had the first opportunity of the game just after ten minutes where their forward had an effort from a wide angle that forced goalkeeper Giles to produce a smart save at his near post. Colts had chances of their own though with McAteer showing his pace down the right hand side managed to work some good opportunities that just lacked a final touch.

As the first half drew to a close there wasn't much between the two sides as they went in 0-0 at the break.

Half Time 0-0

The second period got under way and Colts were beginning to settle into the game a bit more and show good composure on the ball that began to lead to some good goal scoring opportunities. Flanagan saw an effort drift agonisingly wide of the post before McAteer had a shot well saved by the goalkeeper.

At the other end of the pitch Colts were strong at the back being solid in the tackle and holding a good defensive line that caught EK out on several occasions. This combined with some astute goalkeeping by Giles saw the score line remain level.

In an offensive switch Colts brought on striker Murphy to replace midfielder O'Hagan and moments after coming on the substitute found himself one-on-one with the EK goalkeeper only to scuff his effort past the near post as the best chance of the game went begging.

Colts were almost made to pay for these missed opportunities as EK rattled the bar from a 25 yard effort 10 minutes from time, but as the clock ticked on Colts continued to create. Midfielder Sheridan saw a late effort roll past the far post just before Conor McAteer beat his man to deliver a cross that was fired past four Colts players who lined up to slot the ball into an empty net. As EK cleared the ball deep into the Colts half, the ball fell to the feet of Liam Craig who found himself through on goal with only the keeper to beat and slotted the ball home to steal the game with the last kick in the 94th minute.

Football can be a cruel game at times and with Colts dominating possession and creating enough chances to win the game will undoubtedly feel disappointed by the result; but the young Colts can take great pride in their performance doing themselves and their club proud in reaching their second successive league cup final which shows the continual development the team is making.

Full Time 0-1