GK1Sam George   
 RB2Liam McCrory   
 LB3Jeff Fergus   
 CB4Stephen Kerr   
 CB5Greg Pascazio   
 CM6Craig Murray   
 RWB7Fraser Sheridan   
Off75CM8Jamie Waddell   
 CF9Andy Selkirk   
Off75CF10Sean Brown   
 LWB11Conor McKenzie   
On75 12Trialist   
  13Robbie Kelly   
On75 14Trialist   
On75 15Trialist   

08/07/2017  |  Friendly

Cumbernauld Colts   0  v  0  Queens Park

Following a 2-1 win over Highland League champions Buckie thistle and a narrow 2-1 defeat to local rivals Clyde, Colts' third game of pre-season saw League One side Queens Park visit Broadwood which was the first ever meeting between the two sides.

The Colts team that seen Sam George return in goal and Fraser Sheridan re-enter the team out wide were the only two changes from Thursdays match.

The game got underway and from the first whistle there was a high intensity and competitive edge to proceedings. The game mainly a battle in midfield for the opening 45 minutes with the strikers of both teams feeding on scraps and either goalkeeper not troubled too much. George in the Colts goal seen a few crosses delivered into the box that sailed out of play while the home defence swept up any loose balls in and around the box.

The two division gap between the two sides not that obvious going into the break.

Half Time 0-0

As the second half loomed the visitors made two changes at the interval as Colts restarted the match unchanged.

With the game being played mainly in midfield there was not much at either end for spectators to get excited about as both defences remained strong and dealt with any balls forward with relative ease.

The first two shots of the match came for the visitors as Colts were caught out playing too many passes in their defensive third which allowed Queens to shoot from distance but on both occasions firing off target.

Fifteen minutes to go Colts introduced U20's, Milne and Foy with Waddell and Brown making way.

Colts began to push further forward in the closing stages in attempts to steal a winner but were unable to work a shooting opportunity which seen Queens have the chance to counter attack but in the end came to nothing.

Both sides would have been happy with the run out in this fixture that was competitive from start to finish.

Full Time 0-0