RB2Andy Hunter   
Off60LB3Liam McCrory Yellow Card 
 CB4Stephen Kerr   
 CB5Greg Pascazio Yellow Card 
Off65CM6Jordan Marshall   
 RWB7Stephen O'NeillScorerYellow Card 
 CM8Gavin Lachlan   
 CF9Sean Brown   
Off70CM10Craig Murray Yellow Card 
 LWB11Craig Holmes   
  12Fraser Sheridan   
  13Harry Purves   
  14Conor McKenzie   
On65 15Jamie Waddell   
On60 16Jeff Fergus   
  17Jordan Pirrie   
On70 18Andy Selkirk   

Want More?

Pictures on Flickr

25/08/2017  |  League

Cumbernauld Colts   1  v  1  Spartans

Match Report
STEPHEN O'NEILL netted an injury time penalty to earn Colts a deserved point against ten man Spartans.

Friday night football returned to Broadwood for the first time this season, but Colts fell behind early on when David Greenhill put the visitors ahead. The men from the capital were the dominant force in the first period until their skipper Ian McFarland saw red.

And Colts made the most of their numerical advantage growing stronger as the game progressed before getting their reward with O'Neill's dramatic late spot kick.

James Orr and Craig McKinlay's men will be relieved to have salvaged a point against a well-disciplined Spartans side, but with a bit of luck they could have taken all three points.
Colts starts brightly but the visitors broke the deadlock in 8 minutes when Greenhill cut in from the right and was given too much space on the edge of the box before rifling an angled drive past Chris Fahey from 20 yards.

Spartans almost doubled their advantage in 13 minutes when the ball broke to visiting captain McFarland who sent a rasping drive narrowly over the bar with Fahey at full stretch.
But the Spartans skipper was soon to play no further part in the game after he was shown a straight red card for a shocking tackle on Craig Murray.
The sending off gave Colts the lift they needed and it wasn't long before both O'Neill & Jordan Marshall went close from distance.

However, the visitors started the second half brightly and almost extended their lead in 49 minutes when Jamie Dishington broke into the box but Fahey blocked well from his low effort.
This was to be as close as Spartans came to doubling their advantage and as the second half progressed Colts began to grow stronger as they searched for an equaliser.

And Colts thought they had drawn level in 70 minutes when Sean Brown got onto the end of a deep corner before sending a header towards goal which crashed down off the underside of the bar and appeared to cross the line.
The far side linesman initially flagged for a goal but then changed his mind, and after consultation with the referee the goal wasn't given much to the astonishment of the Colts players and fans alike.
This riled Colts who were now determined to take something from the game and Brown went agonizingly close again in 78 minutes but the young striker couldn't turn Craig Holmes low cross into the net with the goal at his mercy.

However, there was to be late drama as Colts luck turned in injury time when sub Andy Selkirk was pushed by Adam Corbett just inside the box and the referee pointed to the spot.
And Colts talisman O'Neill made no mistake from the spot as he coolly sent Spartans keeper Andrew Stobie the wrong way to snatch a point for the Cumbernauld men with almost the last kick of the game.

Cumbernauld Colts; Fahey, Hunter, McGroary, Kerr, Pascazio, Marshall, O'Neill, Lachlan, Brown, Murray, Holmes. Subs; Sheridan, Purves, McKenzie, Waddell, Fergus, Pirrie, Selkirk.

Spartans; Stobie, Herd, Stevenson, Tolmie, Corbett, Greenhill, Brown, McFarland, Guthrie, Bremner, Dishington. Subs; Maxwell, Atkinson, Allum, Thomson, Wilson, Archibald, Carswell.

Stuart Coleman