GK1Sam George   
Off70RWB2Liam McCroryScorer  
 CB3Jordan Marshall   
 CB4Stephen KerrScorer  
 CB5Greg Pascazio   
 CM6Jamie Waddell   
 LWB7Stephen O'Neill   
 CM8Craig MurrayScorer  
Off75CF9Sean BrownScorerx2  
 CF10William Mortimer   
 CF11Craig HolmesScorer  
On70 12Fraser Sheridan   
  13Harry Purves   
On75 14Conor McKenzie   
  15Andy Hunter   
  16Andy Selkirk   
  17Jeff Fergus   

09/09/2017  |  League

Cumbernauld Colts   6  v  1  Vale of Leithen

Looking to put last weekends disappointing defeat to one side Colts welcomed Vale of Leithen to Broadwood facing them in the league for the first time this season.

As the match began it took both sides time to settle into the game and it was the visitors who took a shock lead as Sam George scored an own goal. The ball was delivered into the box from a corner and the goalkeeper got down low but with the palm of his hand slapped the ball in the wrong direction and into the net.

Colts weren't behind for long as wing back mcrorie levelled the score with a header 5 minutes later with a header from the back post. And the hosts took the lead shortly after when Holmes put Colts in front for the first time of the game.

The vale though weren't without their chances however as George again looked less than convincing as he dropped the ball in the 6 yard box with the visiting striker just too slow to react not getting a clean enough contact on the rebound to hit the target.

Colts extended their league through Sean Brown as a the ball was crossed into the box and both he and the defender failed to control but on the half turn he hit the loose ball early and catching the keeper off guard he got his first of the game. On the brink of half time Kerr made the score 4-1 for Colts as his left footed strike found the top left hand corner after squeezing through a collection of bodies in front of the keeper leaving him blinded as the ball crossed the line.

Half Time 4-1

With Colts well in front the second half was merely a formality. And if there was any doubt about where the three points were headed those doubts were erased when Brown got his second and Colts' fifth goal of the day after the striker slotted home from inside the box.

With the result in the bag the pace of the game continued to drop and the game was played mainly in midfield with any chances coming the way of the home side. With around ten minutes to go the final goal of the game came from the left as O'Neil beat two defenders with great piece of skill and delivered the ball into the head of Craig Murray whose header beat the keeper from 6 yards.

Well deserved and much needed result for Colts that sees the Cumbernauld side rise a place to sixth in the league table.

Full time 6-1