GK1Chris Fahey   
 RB2Conor McKenzie   
 LB3Richard Kirwan   
Off25CB4Stephen Kerr   
 CB5Greg PascazioScorer  
 CM6Gavin Lachlan   
 LW7Stephen O'NeillScorerYellow Card 
Off65CM8Jamie Waddell   
Off45CF9Sean BrownScorerx3  
 CM10Fraser SheridanScorer  
 RW11Michael Wallace   
  12Craig Murray   
On25 13Jordan Marshall   
  14Andy Hunter   
On45 15William MortimerScorer  
  16Jeff Fergus   
  17Kyle Gallagher   
On65 18Liam McCrory   

10/11/2017  |  South of Scotland

Cumbernauld Colts   7  v  0  Peebles Rovers

The SFA South Region Challenge cup 3rd round tie brought a welcome break from the intensity of the league campaign. The colts entered the game looking to get back to winning ways, in what is turning out to be their favourite cup competition, and duly obliged with a record 7-0 defeat of a spirited Peebles outfit that had no answers to the coltís free flowing football under the Broadwood lights.

Managers Orr and McKinlay reverted back to a back four which has stood them in good stead in their first two seasons and coincided with the welcome return to first team action by long time injury victim, Kirwan, this provided a timely boost as the Colts aimed to progress into the quarter finals. Colts started well against a well organised Peebles side who had set out their stall to defend well and catch the Colts on the break. As a result much of the early play therefore took place in Peebles' half and this resulted in an early opportunity for the Colts when Sheridan passed up a great chance when he failed to trouble the Peebles keeper with a free header. Despite gaining in confidence the Peebles defence was finally breached in the 25th minute when Brown scored from close range in a packed box from a Waddell corner. Colts were then forced into an early change when Kerr limped off to be replaced by Marshall. This change was seamless and the colts continued to dominate possession with Fahey a virtual spectator in the home goal, it was not long afterwards that the home side increased their lead when skipper Pascazio scored his debut goal for the club when he towered high above his marker to head powerfully home from another Jamie Waddell corner. It was one way traffic as the colts turned the screw and the 3rd goal came less than 5 minutes later when Brown scored from the penalty spot after being upended in the box. Minutes later the striker completed his first half hat-trick when he netted the Colts 4th after latching onto a Sheridan cross, finishing confidently low past the helpless keeper.

Half Time: 4-0

The Colts started the second half by giving Brown a well earned rest, replaced by Mortimer. The game continued as the first half with the home side dominating possession with the visitors still trying to contain the free flowing colts, any thoughts Peebles may have had about a miraculous recovery were soon dismissed when, in the 50th minute, Sheridan decided to get in on the act scoring with a rasping low left foot drive from 25 yards. Three minutes later Mortimer showed that he was not there to simply make up the numbers when he kept up his recent goal scoring form when he was put through on goal following another passing move, he calmly stroked the ball past the advancing keeper only to see it rebound off the post, he was however not to be denied reacting quickest to finish from close range to make it six. Peebles made three changes within the next 10 minutes but this had no impact and the Colts continued to completely dominate and should have increased their lead on more than one occasion as they passed up a number of clear opportunities. It was only a matter of time however before they got their 7th with one of the best moves of the game when O'Neil finished off from a Michael Wallace cross following a fantastic diagonal pass from Lachlan. The remaining 15 minutes failed to see any further scoring action with the Colts easing into the next round as 7-0 victors.

A great evening's work by the Colts, one which was thoroughly enjoyed by the supporters who had braved the winter chills.

Full Time: 7-0

M.O.M. Sean Brown scoring his first, of many hopefully, hat-tricks for the club!

Next game: SLFL - Saturday 18th November: Away to BSC - KO 3pm