GK1Jordan Pettigrew   
 RB2Richard Kirwan   
 LB3Jeff Fergus   
 CB4Greg Pascazio   
 CB5Scott Davidson   
Off70CM6Pedram Ardalani   
 LWB7Stephen O'NeillScorerYellow Card 
 CM8Arnault Bembo   
 CF9Sean BrownScorerx2Yellow Card 
Off89CF10Fraser TeamScorerYellow Card 
Off87RWB11Craig Holmes   
  12Steven Tart   
  13Andrew Wilson   
  14Dean Currie   
On89 15Paul Nash    
On70 16Jordan Marshall   
  17Callum MacDonald   
On87 18Craig Henderson   

22/09/2018  |  Scottish Cup

Burtisland Shipyard   1  v  4  Cumbernauld Colts

COLTS booked their place in the second round of the Willliam Hill Scottish Cup with a disciplined display at Burnisland Shipyard.

Goals from Fraser Team, Stephen O'Neill and a Sean Brown double secured the win with Reece Brown replying for the East of Scotland League hosts.

Colts will now face Lowland League rivals BSC Glasgow in the second round at Broadwood Stadium next month.

Colts started on the front foot and in 7 minutes only a superb save from home keeper Ryan Adamson prevented Craig Holmes from opening the score with a powerful drive from the edge of the box.

Then a minute later Brown should have broken the deadlock from O'Neill's corner, but the striker headed over the bar from close range.

And again the normally reliable Brown had an even better chance in 10 minutes when he was clean through on goal but he lashed the ball recklessly wide with only Adamson to beat.

However, the inevitable Colts opener was soon in coming and in 12 minutes O'Neill delivered a great corner into the danger area and Team superbly glanced a header beyond Adamson from 10 yards.

The Cumbernauld men continued to dominate and almost added to their lead in 23 minutes when a great sweeping move ended with O'Neill thumping a half volley towards goal which was brilliantly pushed onto the bar by Adamson.

The visitors continued to dominate and had a number of chances to extend their lead before half time with Brown, Arnault Bembo and Team all going close.

But the hosts hit back on the stroke of half time when a great through ball by Jonathan Galloway allowed Brown to run in on goal and lash a shot high past Jordan Pettigrew.

The equaliser stunned Colts who had been well on top in the first period but were unable to extend their lead.

Burntisland started the second half strongly and had good chances to take the lead firstly from a Jordan Galloway volley which flashed across the face of goal in 47 minutes.

And then a minute later Callum McAulay had a header from point blank range which he really should have scored, but somehow the striker headed over with Pettigrew stranded.

After the opening spell of the second half Colts began to find their rhythm again and began to create some chances of their own.

And in 61 minutes the visitors edged back in front when great work on the right by Holmes was finished off by Brown who flicked a low cross past Adamson at the near post.

The hosts remained a danger going forward, and in 70 minutes only a tremendous save from Pettigrew denied Robbie Crawford from levelling the game once again, with a great right foot curling shot.

However, Colts extended their lead in 77 minutes when sub Jordan Marshall played a long racking pass to find Team who drew Adamson off his line, and Team lobbed the ball over the advancing keeper allowing Brown to run onto the loose ball and knock the ball into the empty net.

And Colts secured the victory in 87 minutes when Richie Kirwan burst down the right wing and cut into the penalty box before cutting the ball back for O'Neill at the back post and the winger drilled the ball low past Adamson.

Burntisland Shipyard; Adamson, Simpson, Anderson, O'Donnell, Lenny, Strang, Crawford, McAulay, Brown, Galloway, Galloway. Subs; Bell, Powrie, Bernard, Kinaird, Jarrett, Glancy.