GK1Jordan Pettigrew   
 RB2Richard Kirwan   
 LB3Jeff Fergus   
 CB4Greg Pascazio   
 CB5Scott Davidson   
Off64CM6Craig Murray   
Off80RWB7Craig Holmes   
Off74CM8Arnault Bembo   
 CF9Sean Brown   
 CF10Fraser TeamScorer  
 LWB11Stephen O'Neill   
  12Jordan Marshall   
  13Ronan Fallens   
On74 14Gavin Lachlan   
  15Callum MacDonald   
On64 16Paul Nash    
On80 17Trialist   
  18Matthew Dick (U20)   

16/02/2019  |  League

University of Stirling   1  v  1  Cumbernauld Colts

The Colts traveled to Forthbank on Saturday to face University of Stirling in a mid-table Lowland League clash.

The Colts team were looking to get back on track after the recent home defeat to East Stirlingshire and were up against a Stirling University side who have been unbeaten since before Christmas.
The visitors started the game brightly and Uni were immediately under pressure from a succession of Colts Corners. The Stirling defence stood strong though, and Downie�s clearance off the line after 16 minutes stopped a certain Colts opener. Uni had done well to weather the storm, and Colts would have been frustrated not to test Uni goalie Kevin Walker better in the first twenty minutes of the game.
The tide did turn for the home side though, and Stirling began to get up the park more in the latter stages of the half. In particular, runs down the right wing from Robbie McGale relieved a lot of the pressure Uni had been under.
With twenty minutes to go in the half, Colts were penned in, as Uni pressed hard to find an opening. A great move started by Kevin Walker saw Craig Brown get a shot away from just inside the box. His effort was deflected out for a corner, which was the Uni�s first of many in the closing stages of the half. All of Peden and Brown�s deliveries were dangerous, but Stirling couldn�t find a way to turn the ball home.
Uni were being allowed too much time just outside the opposition�s box, and efforts from distance from Peden and Mailer, were both agonisingly close for the home side. Despite their pressure Stirling failed to breach the Colts� defence and the game remained goalless at half time.

The home side would have come out after half time disappointed not to be ahead, but that changed a matter of seconds into the second half. Stirling got play underway and immediately the ball was played out to the right. A low ball in looked to be an easy take for the Colts keeper, but Davidson intervened intending to clear the danger and instead deflected the ball past keeper Pettigrew into the Colts� net.

The home side continued to knock on the door, and a cut back from Robbie McGale found Craig Brown ten yards from goal, but his effort was over the bar.
With thirty minutes to go Stirling still looked in control of a game that had slowed down considerably. However, their lead was short lived as a well weighted through ball from substitute Nash split open the defence to put the Cumbernauld striker, Fraser Team, through on goal, and he finished well into the bottom corner.

The equaliser rejuvenated Colts who, apart from the first ten minutes, had been struggling to threaten uni. Shortly after they scored Colts were awarded a free kick twenty yards from goal, but it was straight at Stirling�s wall.
However, two quick changes by the home side freshened up their game and they could have snatched a winner late on. Blair Lyons looked sure to have scored from just inside the box just before the eighty minute mark, but his effort was cleared off the line by Davidson making amends for his earlier own goal. In the dying moments Craig Brown had a great chance to win it for Stirling, but his effort from just inside the box was dragged wide.

The game finished one goal each and both teams will likely feel they could have taken all three points.

Next up for the Cumbernauld side is a home tie next Saturday against EDU Sporting who will no doubt be looking to make amends for their early season defeat at Annan.