www.cumbernauld-colts.com     |     admin@cumbernauld-colts.com

Cumbernauld Colts Lowland League Broadwood Stadium Cumbernauld
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Disappointing result but no reason to despair  (Read 13867 times)

Offline ErnSal

• View Profile
Disappointing result but no reason to despair
« on: November 05, 2017, 07:33:58 PM »
Colts 1 Civil Service Strollers 1
It was a disappointing result because Colts played the better football, had most of the possession, created the most chances and came within inches of scoring the winner on more than one occasion.
Despite the disappointment there are so many positives about supporting the Colts and I speak as a fan with no connections to the club. In all the games I have seen, including this one, the Colts play with determination and effort and they are always well organised. (I have seen almost all of their home games since they formed as a senior team as well as a few of their away games)
Another thing that I like about watching the Colts is that we don't have any fans who direct abuse at the players or coaching staff. Admittedly, we don't have many fans and Broadwood does lack atmosphere but better that than the abuse I used to hear when I attended Clyde games. (I suspect that Jim Chapman's early sacking wasn't solely the consequence of poor results)
I have to say that I am pleased with the coaching staff and what they have achieved and it was great to see for the final quarter of the game the return of the O'Neill/Kirwan partnership on the left which has been so effective in the past.
Forza Colts!