www.cumbernauld-colts.com     |     admin@cumbernauld-colts.com

Cumbernauld Colts Lowland League Broadwood Stadium Cumbernauld
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Victory over our rivals  (Read 28790 times)

Offline ErnSal

• View Profile
Victory over our rivals
« on: October 21, 2017, 01:00:41 PM »
Colts 1-0 EK
I wasn't able to make the game but my son was there and he was able to give me the details. A great victory! To beat EK and not to concede a goal and to knock them out of the cup (the cup that we lost to them in the final last year) What a result! Another perfect victory!
In my mind, EK are our greatest rivals in the Lowland League. I see our games against them as the New Town Derby. Of course, the Cumbernauld derby would be against Clyde and that might be something for the future.
I still see our bogey team as the Spartans. (Even though we have beaten them once, I think)And I noticed that the last time we played BSC on their website the game was labelled as the yellow derby.
I suppose these are examples of how traditions begin.

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Victory over our rivals
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 10:56:34 PM »
2 wins, 1 draw and 3 defeats against Spartans Ernsal, with all 3 defeats coming in our first season (one of which was a cup game). 7 points from the last 9 and 7 points each side over the 3 seasons so far, which is a great return fit Colts given Spartans are (in my opinion anyway) the best footballing side we've played every season of the 3.

EK have definitely had the upper hand with 4 wins from 8 games (we've played them more than anyone else). 2 wins for Colts and 2 draws.

This week's opponents, Gala, are as close to a bogey team as we've had over the piece, with only 1 win (and 3 draws) from 4 attempts. Something to fire the players up for the weekend perhaps.  :)

Offline ErnSal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 07:42:59 PM »
Thanks for the stats, admin. I can see why I think of the Spartans as our bogey team because they were one of the few teams that beat us convincingly in the first season. I think what the stats show is that we are capable of beating any team in the Lowland League. Would I be right in saying that over our first two seasons we managed to beat every team in the Lowland League?

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 02:16:39 PM »
No worries Ernsal.

Nearly.  :)

The only side in the LL we have not beaten in a competitive fixture is the new boys of EduSport, who we have only played once thus far. Everyone else we have beaten at least once.