www.cumbernauld-colts.com     |     admin@cumbernauld-colts.com

Cumbernauld Colts Lowland League Broadwood Stadium Cumbernauld
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A Missed opportunity  (Read 31867 times)

Offline ErnSal

• View Profile
A Missed opportunity
« on: October 10, 2015, 05:54:37 PM »
As the final few minutes approached it looked as if Colts would take all three points and move up the table only three points behind EK but then everything went wrong. Gave away a penalty, had our own last minute penalty claim turned down and our goalkeeper was shown the red card (which I didn't actually see). If only we had converted some of the chances we made when we were 1-0 up. Once again Colts have shown that they are as good as the top teams in this league.
The big question now is whether our goalkeeper will be available for the Scottish Cup game.

Buster

Re: A Missed opportunity
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 07:12:00 PM »
As I said in another thread, I came along to watch today's game as a complete neutral and left totally infuriated for you guys after a totally inept refereeing performance.

Ek's dirty tactics went largely unpunished for long periods of the game, so they got worse and became more frequent. I was sitting too far away to see if the EK penalty decision was correct or not, however you saw it coming because the ref had lost total control of the game by that time and the Colts players were becoming more and more wound up and started to lose a little bit of shape. I have no doubt EK knew what they were doing and it worked.

I was sitting directly across from the EK box and the penalty shout in the dying minutes was as stonewall as you could get, it happened right in front of me and it was a clear penalty, no wonder the people around me and the bench were irate, I actually shook my head in disbelief when I looked over at the ref to see him waving play on. I know he didn't keep up with the field of play at that point but surely he could see it where he was, it was as clear as day.

Anyway, I was impressed with what I saw from your club today. Nothing to do with being a Stirling fan but I thought Blair Munn was excellent in the middle of the park for you and always looked to work the ball. I'll certainly be back later on in the season when we have another free weekend.

Good luck for the remainder of the season.

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 09:26:02 AM »
Highlights posted on the main site courtesy of EKFC TV.

On the homepage and here in the news section: http://www.cumbernauldcoltsfc.com/news_events.php

Offline ErnSal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 10:47:47 PM »
Could this be another first for the Colts? Highlights of their game with a commentary. Very professionally done.
I watched the penalty claim incident and I think I can see why the referee might have thought that the keeper got a touch. Selkirk touches the ball so that he can go around the keeper but the direction of his touch has the same effect as if the keeper has touched it. So my verdict is a penalty but I can see how the referee got it wrong from his angle.