www.cumbernauld-colts.com     |     admin@cumbernauld-colts.com

Cumbernauld Colts Lowland League Broadwood Stadium Cumbernauld
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My first game  (Read 34433 times)

Offline ErnSal

• View Profile
My first game
« on: August 06, 2015, 05:09:30 PM »
Actually, the first senior game that I ever attended was Partick Thistle against Third Lanark. (Some time in the 1960s I seem to remember) Anyway, yesterday evening I, my son and my two grandsons attended the Colts first ever senior league game. A very enjoyable evening despite the score. Colts played some great football. It was difficult to believe that this team had only come together within the last month. They played as a team and they produced some quality passes and moves. I tried to convince my seven year old grandson that Stephen O'Neill was Cumbernauld Colts' Lionel Messi. I don't think he was entirely convinced but my son and I were certainly impressed by his skilful dribbling and runs, not to mention his goal. We also liked the way Gary Espener used his experience and strength to hold the ball until support arrived. The final score could easily have gone in the Colts favour. They didn't deserve to lose. I am looking forward to game number two even though it will probably be against the strongest opposition in the league.

Offline stu111

• View Profile
Re: My first game
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 09:30:45 PM »
was good to get up and running in the league. Felt the Colts deserved to edge the game. Not a bad crowd either which was good. Wont manage all the games myself but will be there as often as I can and was really encouraged by the start the team made. A few rough edges to smooth over but overall a lot of positives.