www.cumbernauld-colts.com     |     admin@cumbernauld-colts.com

Cumbernauld Colts Lowland League Broadwood Stadium Cumbernauld
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Faces  (Read 11313 times)

Offline ErnSal

• View Profile
New Faces
« on: July 21, 2018, 08:06:20 PM »
My first Colts game since our glorious League Cup victory. A friendly against Wick Academy. It was an opportunity to see some new faces and to be entertained by Wick Academy's vocal support. (I.e. One man and a flag who provided a wide ranging repertoire of well known football chants adapted for his own team. Every team should have one brave and  eccentric supporter but I have no intention of volunteering)
It is always a bit sad to see players leaving the club in between seasons but it is inevitable in smaller clubs. Stephen Kerr and Gavin Lachlan both contributed greatly to the Colts achievements in past seasons. I'll particularly miss Gavin's dad who had become a regular Colts supporter.
Anyway, it's good to see that we have held on to almost all of last year's squad and added some promising players. Today wasn't really about winning although we did win (3-2) but Wick probably, on balance, deserved a draw. It was a good opportunity to give some of the new and the young a chance to show what they were capable of.
I am very much looking forward to the new season knowing that each year the Lowland League becomes stronger and more challenging. Forza Colts!