www.cumbernauld-colts.com     |     admin@cumbernauld-colts.com

Cumbernauld Colts Lowland League Broadwood Stadium Cumbernauld
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Thrills and Spills  (Read 11797 times)

Offline ErnSal

• View Profile
The Thrills and Spills
« on: August 04, 2018, 08:38:38 PM »
What a great game! Colts 3-2 Kelty Hearts.
Our first league home game of the season. I have to admit I feared that we could be facing a heavy defeat because I had heard that Kelty not only had a much higher financial income but that they had breezed through their league last season (with only one serious rival) and that they were aiming to win the Lowland League.
Perhaps they took Colts for granted and they did dominate the early play but what a performance from the Colts. As always they pressed, they ran their hearts out (if you can forgive the pun), they created chances and they never gave up. What a victory!
We might not be a wealthy club but we have two great coaches, players who want to play for the club and give their all, people behind the scenes all doing their bit ( I did not envy the ladies at the pie and bovril stand who had to deal with one of the largest crowds that I have seen at the Colts games) and a small number of loyal supporters. Maybe, Friday evening games bring out some of the Old Firm Fans who might want to adopt Colts as their 'wee team'. There was nothing 'wee' about them last night. As my son said to me this evening after he had attended the BSC/EK game, when the Colts play well they can beat any team in the league. I agree.
Forza Colts!!