www.cumbernauld-colts.com     |     admin@cumbernauld-colts.com

Cumbernauld Colts Lowland League Broadwood Stadium Cumbernauld
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lady Luck deserts us  (Read 11409 times)

Offline ErnSal

• View Profile
Lady Luck deserts us
« on: October 20, 2018, 08:57:18 PM »
A 4-1 defeat to BSC ends our Scottish Cup run for this year but I can’t help feeling that with some good fortune the game could have been so different.
When I saw the line-up and the formation I was very optimistic. One of our strongest starting 11 for a good while.
The first half was very entertaining and as we were gaining the upper hand it did look as if we might go in level at half-time and take control in the second half but a controversial and scrappy goal seconds before the half time whistle seemed to be an omen that the gods were not on our side. And then a few minutes into the second half we lost another goal. We played some good football and created several chances but despite getting one goal back we went on to lose another two. It is difficult to see what went wrong. We were as good a side as BSC but we couldn’t convert our chances into goals. Lady Luck seemed to be on their side.
The one consolation, for me, was that Colts continued to play with determination right up to the final whistle.
The Colts never give up. Forza Colts!
Good luck to BSC in the next round. They are presently playing some good football.