www.cumbernauld-colts.com     |     admin@cumbernauld-colts.com

Cumbernauld Colts Lowland League Broadwood Stadium Cumbernauld
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: On our day......  (Read 13984 times)

Offline ErnSal

• View Profile
On our day......
« on: April 14, 2019, 05:01:57 PM »
Colts 3-0 Civil Service

A great day at Broadwood. My son and I are very grateful for the hospitality and comfort experienced on the last League home game of the season. And the icing on the cake (forgive any unintended pun) was to witness the Colts scoring three goals with none conceded against a team that have done so well this season and could still finish fourth. Victory against one of the top sides is not something unusual for the Colts. From season 1 (‘15-‘16 season) we have had victories against all of the top teams despite their bigger budgets and lengthier histories. Colts go into every game without fear because they know that they are capable of matching the best. I suppose our challenge is to find the consistency needed to reach into the top three. The fact that we are going into the last game knowing that we have a chance of overtaking East Stirlingshire for sixth position indicates how well we are doing within our financial limitations.

And who knows, maybe we can retain the Lowland League Cup trophy. Another great achievement.