www.cumbernauld-colts.com     |     admin@cumbernauld-colts.com

Cumbernauld Colts Lowland League Broadwood Stadium Cumbernauld
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Soup, glorious soup.  (Read 14427 times)

Offline ErnSal

• View Profile
Soup, glorious soup.
« on: December 15, 2019, 10:45:36 PM »
What a cold Saturday afternoon! Thank goodness for the homemade soup! We might not be top of the league but I suspect our soup is top in the Scottish football soup league. It was the highlight of a disappointing afternoon. It was one of those ‘if only’ games. If only we had been awarded the penalty just before half-time we might have gone in at the break leading 1-0 but instead the penalty claim was turned down and the Shire broke away and scored. If only our second penalty claim was awarded we would still have been in contention. If only we hadn’t missed so many chances. If only..........
Nevertheless, when we went two goals down we started to play some great football and when we got one goal back things began to look promising but......the Shire destroyed our optimism with two more goals. The final score 4-1 didn’t reflect the ‘if only’ nature of the game but overall I suppose I have to admit reluctantly that they deserved their win.
I think the formation we played suited the talents and skills of the players we had available. I think it might prove successful in future games. Let’s hope so.
Forza Colts And Forza the soup!