www.cumbernauld-colts.com     |     admin@cumbernauld-colts.com

Cumbernauld Colts Lowland League Broadwood Stadium Cumbernauld
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Turned up. Game cancelled. No warning!  (Read 31834 times)

Offline ErnSal

• View Profile
Turned up. Game cancelled. No warning!
« on: July 09, 2022, 02:12:09 PM »
I arrived at Broadwood at ten to one for Colts scheduled friendly against Bo’ness. The usual entry point was closed. Two or three other supporters were also present wondering why the doors were not open. All of us checked the website, twitter and Facebook. The website confirmed the 1pm kick off. One of the supporters saw a young man in a Colts tracksuit and asked him about the kick off to be told that the game was cancelled. I texted my son to let him know the game was cancelled because he would be hurrying home from work to join me at the game. Just before I left I saw a club official leaving through the players entrance and I asked him what was happening. He said that the game was cancelled because Bo’ness couldn’t field a team. I informed him that there was nothing on Twitter about the cancellation. He replied matter of factly ‘Is it not up yet?’

I left Broadwood thinking what a waste of my time and the time of the other supporters. I would have thought that there would have at least been someone outside the stadium to inform supporters that the game was cancelled or better still information on the website, Facebook or Twitter.
Very disappointing.

Offline ErnSal

• View Profile
Re: Turned up. Game cancelled. No warning!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022, 06:39:18 PM »
I just want to thank Grant, the Club secretary, for his email apologising on behalf of the Colts club and I appreciate his explanation as to how the oversight occurred.
I am very much looking forward to the coming season.
Forza Colts!